Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I HEAR YOU

I HEAR YOU
[Voices Unheard]
2009(C)Judith A.Boggess



I hear you.
Hear what you say
as you defend your position,
ignore my reasoning,
blame me, but say:
Not I. Not me!

Oh, deft dealer of
two-pronged words that
pierce soul,
stabs, pokes,
prods emotional excrement,
all the while
denying existence
of pink elephant.

Your silence speaks.

I hear anger radiating
from a look,
see cemented bitterness
weighting lip-corners
into downhill channels,
feel rush of exhaled disgust,
impatience,contempt.

Am I so heinous
to gaze upon?
Is there something
less than suicide,
something less final,
but equally satisfying to you
that I could commit?
Could I bleed all over you
to wash away your humdrum years,
your unshed tears?

Tired, I am of carrying
this yoke of your presumptive
descent into hell,
while you,
all innocent,
deny being player
in this loveless
Chinese checker
game of
obligation,
loyalty,
commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment